शाकेषु सर्वेषु वसन्ति रोगास्ते हेतवो देहविनाशनाय
तस्माद् बुधः शाकविवर्जनं तु कुर्यात्तथाऽम्लेषु स एव दोषः | – भाव प्रकाशः
As per Ayurveda, in tropical weather like most part of India has, eating leafy vegetables in daily meal is not preferable.
1) Vegetables demand high अग्निबल (जठरअग्नि & धातुअग्नि).क्षय of digestive fire.
2) It disturbs प्राणमय कोष and accelerates अपान वायु movements.
3) Derangement of Vayu means early aging. Weak bones, weak eyes and grey hairs.
Those who are prescribing more and more leafy vegetables have somehow their base in western science originated in cold regions of the Earth. For them, अपान acceleration and high अग्निबल (जठरअग्नि & धातुअग्नि) is required for proper digestion and stool passing.
In Bharat, if you do not have luxury to eat vegetables, it is perfectly fine! Our main food is: दाल, रोटी, पराठा, चावल, peas, beans, lentils.
And if you really want to eat vegetables, follow following suggestions:
1) Use fresh vegetables. Fresh = प्राणवान so प्राण supplement for digestion process
2) Use only ripen vegetables. Not so old and not so infant.
3) Wash vegetables 2-3 times. Use salted water to clean.
4) Do not refrigerate vegetables. Use fresh. Zero tolerance.
5) Cut vegetables only during cooking. Do not use pre-cut vegetables.Do not keep cut vegetables for more than 1 hr.
6) Do not over-fry, over-cook. Half-baked is fine.
7) Always use multiple vegetables together to balance eachother’s dosha
8) In different regions, there is tradition to add सेव,कोफ्ता. It is good.
9) User all kitchen masala as per need in cooking.
10) Boiled is better than fried. Even soup or juice is better.