One of the reasons I don’t prefer story telling by visual mediums is this: It belittles our imagination about the lofty concepts and characters.
For example, majority of us visualize Narad as someone who is comic character, intruding in everyone’s life. Gossiping and leaking information.
What an insult to fundamental principle of the universe!!
Concept of Vyasa pitha(व्यास पीठ) i.e. Seat of Vyasa, is about व्यास विचारधारा/ideology and not about व्यास /Vyasa as a person. Only those are entitled to speak from व्यास पीठ, who believe in व्यास’s ideology. And as a listener, one must focus on व्यास ideology/विचारधारा and not the embodiment of it who represents व्यास ideology/विचारधारा for particular time. It is psychologically folly to put person ahead of Idea. Idea is eternal, not person.
Similarly, Narad is a live current about communication in universe. Those who master it, represents Narad.
Here is the old note on NARAD’s time travel to Kaliyuga.
[Originally written on 6 February 2011]
Nov 8, 30067 BC
सत्यकाम is a research scientist from Bharat in Satya-Yug.He was selected as TimeTravelnaut(as if Astronaut?) by world time & space research center known as NARAD(NASA?).He was given task to narrate Kaliyug in details. Below is सत्यकाम’s transcript.
- Dharma(they have different name “Religion” which is shallow conspiracy), truthfulness, cleanliness, tolerance, mercy, duration of life, physical strength and memory- all are diminishing day by day!
- Wealth alone is considered the sign of a man’s good birth, proper behavior and fine qualities!
- Men and women live together merely because of superficial attraction!
- Success in business depends highly on deceit & Maya(They call it Ads, marketing, promotions here!).
- Womanliness and manliness are judged according to one’s expertise in sex!
- A man is known as a ब्राह्मण just by his wearing a thread!!
- A person’s propriety is seriously questioned if he does not earn a good living.
- And one who is very clever at juggling words is considered a learned scholar!!! (Disgusting idiots are being awarded Phds/doctorates for just word reschuffle!!)
- A person’s spiritual position is ascertained merely according to external symbols.(People in this time don’t chant ॐ but get satisfied by printing it on clothes)
- A person is judged unholy if he does not have money.
- Hypocrisy is accepted as virtue.(OMG!)
- Marriage is arranged simply by verbal agreement!!!(Shattered!)
- A person thinks he is fit to appear in public if he has merely taken a bath!!(Health and hygiene is least important for these morons!)
- A sacred place will be taken to consist of no more than a reservoir of water located at a distance.
- Beauty is thought to depend on one’s hairstyle.
- Filling the belly will become the goal of life, and one who is audacious is accepted as truthful.
- He who can maintain a family is regarded as an expert man, and the principles of religion are observed only for the sake of reputation.
- As the earth thus becomes crowded in this time, with a corrupt population, whoever among any of the social classes shows himself to be the strongest gains political power.
- Losing their wives and properties to such avaricious and merciless rulers, who behaves no better than ordinary thieves,I think, the citizens will flee to the mountains and forests.
- The citizens suffers greatly from cold, wind, heat, rain and snow. They are further tormented by quarrels, hunger, thirst, disease and severe anxiety.
- The maximum duration of life for human beings in Kali-yuga is mere fifty years!!!(I am 150!)
- The bodies of all creatures are greatly reduced in size.
- And Sanskrit is dying language! (you can understand as I wrote this in one famous and funny language called “English”)
I am touched.I have decided.I will not come back to Sat-yug. I will stay here and transform this time into my lovely sat-yug.
PS: Please forgive my bashful language.I can’t help.I had to describe picture as is with my true emotions.
*** This was his last message to NARAD.By that last sentence, सत्यकाम pulled off his time-travelnaut chip and disconnected from NARAD’s infiband.
Inspired by Bhagwat puran – Chapter 12