This post is for those who would like to serve Maa Bharti in critical conditions as faithful Soldiers. This training regime was followed by we friends, when we were preparing for CDS. Some of us are now in Army and I am proud of them. This training schedule is for starters. Worth following if you want to build steel like nerves and iron muscles with torrential intellect having potency to act on thoughts.
TRAINING REGIME FOR STARTER Soldiers
0400 – Wakeup (Make it 3:30 if you want to do spiritual sadhana first before physical sadhana)
0415 – Warm-up and Stretching
0430 – 2 km jog at slow pace, take it up to 5 km and increase pace gradually as you progress. Aim is to achieve 2.4 km inside 10 min. DON’T TRY THAT YET. Much more tougher than it sounds.
0445 – Loosen your limbs, get your breathing back.
0450 – Push-ups: two sets of ten each slow. Don’t give jerks. Start counting 1001, 1002, 1003 while going down. Stay down for 3 counts, then come up in 3 counts. Give a break of 1-2 min between sets. Increase no of push-ups in the set before increasing sets. When you think you can’t do absolutely no more, do one more. That is the one that actually helps. Relax your hands.
0500 – Sit-ups: Start with 10 crunches. Lie down and keep your legs comfortably apart. Keep your hands behind your head. When you go up, get your elbows together. Touch your nose to your knees. Stay for one count. Go down gradually. Keep your hands together. Relax your stomach by slight massaging. Lie on your stomach and stretch your abdomen. It will pain for the first few days. Increase to three sets gradually and 20 sit-ups each. Might take a month or so.
0520 – Chin-ups: Start with 5. Keep your arms shoulder width apart. Hold the bar from front to back. Keep your legs together and feet stretched. Go up slowly using only your arms, don’t kick your legs. Touch your chin to the bar. Stay for two counts. Come down slowly. DO NOT JERK.
0530 – Cooling down and stretching.
POINTS TO NOTE
1. Warming up and Cooling down is utmost important to prevent stress injuries.
2. Repeat the push-ups and sit-ups in the evening also if possible.
3. Every third day or whatever interval you are comfortable, go for a slightly longer run, if required at a slower pace.
4. Don’t increase your counts even if you feel you can do it easily. Give it a week at least.
5. We will gradually graduate to crunches and crouches once you move up.
6. To be fit, you must have a strong abdomen.
7. Anytime you feel uncomfortable, STOP. Don’t exert.